The popular flower strain, Delta 8 THC Flowers, was created by breeder Steve DeRose in 2008. It’s one of the most sought-after strains of cannabis flowers because it has a powerful high that makes users feel euphoric and happy.
Delta 8 THC Flower is a feminized strain that grows to be tall with long, slender leaves and small buds. The plant itself is easy to grow indoors or outdoors due to its disease-resistant nature. If you are interested in growing this amazing flower but don’t know where to start, read on.
Delta 8 Flower can take up to 18 months to fully mature, which means that if you buy seedlings, they will not produce fruit until late 2019. However, there are ways to increase your chances of having quality plants to harvest before then. Here are some tips for growing the best Delta 8 Flower strain:
How to grow Delta 8 Flower indoors
- Grow light-loving plants in 16-hour lighting cycles.
- Water your plants daily, but only when the soil reaches 70% of its water-holding capacity.
- Keep your plants at temperatures between 65 and 75 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Use nutrient-rich soil to feed your plants two times per week. Use a fertilizer that contains a 10-10-10 nutrient blend.
- Give your plants ample time to grow and develop strong roots so they can withstand any weather fluctuations. They should be able to stand strong winds without damage or breaking down.
- Plant your seeds 2 weeks apart from each other.
- When your plants reach about 3 inches in height, thin them out to make sure they have enough space to grow.
- Make sure to keep an eye on your plants throughout the entire growth cycle.
How to grow Delta 8 Flower outdoors
- Grow in full sun during the day and avoid direct sunlight exposure at night.
- Use deep containers (at least 4 inches) to ensure proper drainage.
- Add organic compost as fertilizers to the soil.
- If you live in an area with cold winters, plan and prepare your garden well in advance.
- Maintain your plants regularly and use drip irrigation if possible.
- Start planting your seeds around mid-April so they can be ready for flowering in October.
- Water your plants every three days, but only after the soil has dried out completely. Water more frequently than recommended if you find yourself having issues getting the right amount of moisture into your plants.
- Once your plants begin to show signs of blooming, cover your pots with clear plastic wrap.
- During the last few days before harvest, trim off all excess foliage to promote airflow and prevent mold from taking over your plants.
- Make sure to harvest your plants once they hit 5 to 6 ounces.
You can also purchase feminized seeds and grow these at home. This is a great way to save money while still receiving high-quality marijuana plants. You can even grow your clones for a lower cost!
Why does the Delta 8 flower look like a flower?
Delta 8 Flower is a hybrid strain with feminized seeds. The feminization process takes about ten years to complete, and it causes the female part of the plant to turn male instead of developing ovaries and producing eggs. As a result, she produces male pollen instead of the female flower.
After several generations, the plants become fertile again and turn back into females once the process is completed. Once the plant starts to bloom, the male traits die out and the female trait develops into a beautiful flower.
What does Delta 8 Flower smell like?
The aroma of Delta 8 Flower comes from its unique genetics. The strain is classified as a sativa-dominant plant, meaning it has a higher THC content than CBD levels. Its effects include uplifting feelings paired with heavy body relaxation.
The leaves of the plant contain many terpenes, including linalool, pinene, myrcene, alpha-pinene, beta-caryophyllene, sabinene, limonene, cedrol, and delta-3-carene. These compounds give the plant its distinctive scent.
Is Delta 8 Flower legal in California?
Yes, Delta 8 Flower is 100% legal in California, and it is considered a medical weed strain. While Delta 8 Flower may seem like an exotic strain to those who do not live in California, it is quite common to find at dispensaries and marijuana clubs. If you want to learn how to get your hands on some of the best weeds in Northern California, check out our guide here.
After reading the article, it is well understood that the delta 8 flowers can be grown indoors also. But they can also be grown outdoors. The article discusses the delta 8 flower and its structure and smell. But if you live in California and want to buy the delta 8 flower then you first have to know whether it is legal in California or not.